Bass Hill Public School

Strive to Serve

Telephone02 9644 3431


Frequently Asked Questions

How and when do I enrol?

Pre-enrolment Expressions of Interest can be filled out the year prior to your child starting school, preferably between February and May. The full enrolment form is filled out once an offer to enrol has been made. Go to our enrolment page for more information.

What transition programs are provided?

The Kindergarten orientation program includes:

·         An information evening for parents whose children are about to start Kindergarten

·         A morning session for children about to start school

·         Weekly playgroups to help children get to know each other and to enable parents to build relationships with other parents whose children are also starting school.

When are enrolment places offered?

The first round of placement offers are made in late July and these go to children who live within the school’s catchment area and the siblings of current students. The main round of out of area offers are made in September. Further offers are made as vacancies arise. More information on requirements for enrolling can be found on our enrolment information page.

How do I know when my child should start school?

Children are eligible to enrol in Kindergarten if they turn five years old by 31 July.

What do I do when I visit the school?

Anyone visiting the school must visit the front office and our friendly administration staff will assist with any enquiries.

What do I do if my child is late for school?

All students arriving after 9.00am are required to go to the front office to get a late slip. The student will then go to their classroom and hand the late slip to their teacher.

What do I do if I have to pick up my child early?

All early leavers are to be collected from the office. A message will be sent to the classroom and the student will be brought to the office. An early slip will be printed to be signed by an adult. You must be 18+ years of age to collect a student. To ensure the safety of our students, please do not collect them yourself from the classroom.

How does the school deal with medical issues?

The school needs to be aware of any medical conditions that affect its students. This includes asthma, anaphylaxis and other allergies. The school will formulate a medical plan for serious cases, in line with doctor’s advice and following consultation with parents. These medical plans are circulated to all staff and placed in the folders issued to relief teachers. Fill out a Medical Information Form here.

Any student who is injured or falls ill at school is taken to the sick bay. The student’s condition is assessed, and parents are called if the student appears too unwell to remain at school or if medical attention is indicated. If parents are called, the school expects pick-ups to be as prompt as possible.

Who do I see about any problems concerning my child’s education?

Any issues with your child’s education or welfare should be directed to the classroom teacher. If you wish to speak to your child’s teacher, please contact the teacher via DOJO or contact the office and our friendly staff will arrange for the teacher to contact you to make a mutually convenient time to talk or meet.

Your child’s teacher will refer issues that cannot be resolved at the class level or more serious issues to the school’s executive or to the Learning Support Team for follow up.

Visit our Parent Teacher Interviews page for more information

How and when do I pay School Activities and Excursions?

Permission notes are sent home to parents for upcoming excursions, incursions and other school activities. Fees should be paid promptly and well before the due date.  Online payments are preferred however arrangements can be made at the office to pay via cash or eftpos. 

When are the school carnivals held?

The dates for carnivals vary from year to year.

Stay up to date with our Newsletter or Events page.

Related content